NYLT is the prominent week-long (seven day) outdoor leadership experience geared toward both present and future leaders within the troops, crews, and teams around Three Fires Council.
Participants will be engaged in hands-on training led by our Council’s finest youth staff that will cover criteria essential to leading within your unit, school, and life.
NYLT is open to qualified youth in all troops, teams, crews or ships. Scouts must meet the following requirements:
In a Troop:
- Must be at least 13 years old by July 30th, 2020
- At least a First Class Rank
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law
- Have attended ILST or ILSC training
In a Crew:
- Have knowledge of basic outdoor skills (cooking, fire-building, tying/lashing, etc.)
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Have attended ILST or ILSC training.
- Hold a leadership position in your home unit, or have strong leadership potential
- Agree to practice the skills learned from NYLT back at your home unit.
- Have long-term camping experience.
- Have a Unit Leader recommendation and parent agreement